The following sections will assist healthcare professionals and payers by providing appropriate coding and billing information associated with the treatment of leukemia.
The following sections include:
- Associated ICD-9-CM codes used for the classification of leukemia
- Drugs that have been FDA-approved for the treatment of leukemia
- Drugs that are Compendia listed for off-label use for leukemia based on clinical studies that suggest beneficial use in some cases. Please note: If a check mark appears in the FDA column it will NOT appear in the Compendia off-label use column
- Corresponding HCPCS/CPT® codes and code descriptions
- Drugs listed in the Compendia section have no FDA-approved uses for leukemia. However, drugs in the FDA-approved section are FDA-approved for at least 1 of the leukemia ICD-9-CM codes but may also have Compendia-listed uses as well.