Tesaro Patient Support: TOGETHER with TESARO
TOGETHER with TESARO is Tesaro’s patient resource program that offers a suite of patient support services focused on assisting patients with access and affordability issues related to Zejula (niraparib), a poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Zejula is indicated for the maintenance treatment of adults with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer who are in complete or partial response to platinum-based chemotherapy (Table).
TOGETHER with TESARO Services
TOGETHER with TESARO offers a full suite of services for patients who have been prescribed Zejula.
The Commercial Co-pay Assistance Program provides financial assistance for eligible, commercially insured patients with out-of-pocket costs for Zejula.
The Patient Assistance Program may provide free treatment for uninsured or underinsured patients who meet certain financial eligibility criteria.
The Zejula Quick Start and Bridge Programs provide Zejula at no cost to eligible patients who are experiencing insurance coverage delays or interruptions.
TOGETHER with TESARO also provides referrals to patient advocacy organizations and independent copay foundations, for additional financial support, peer-to-peer support, and noncopay support.
Other support services include benefits investigation, verification of insurance approval or coverage, and guidance on insurance processes.
Commercial Co-pay Assistance Program
Qualifying patients with commercial insurance who are prescribed Zejula may pay copays or coinsurance of as little as $0, with an annual benefit limit of up to $26,000.
This program has no income requirements. The patient will be issued a virtual card, which can be initiated and used by specialty pharmacies in Tesaro’s limited distribution network or at in-office dispensing sites.
Zejula Quick Start and Bridge Programs
Patients may qualify for a 15-day supply of Zejula at no cost in the event of an insurance coverage delay at first dispense (Quick Start Program), or a coverage interruption for patients already receiving treatment (Bridge Program).
Under these programs, up to 5 refills are available, pending resolution of the related coverage delay. Eligibility requirements include:
- Having a diagnosis consistent with the Zejula package insert
- Being prescribed Zejula by their physician
- Having insurance
- Experiencing an insurance coverage delay of ≥5 business days.
Patient Assistance Program
Patients who are uninsured or underinsured and who meet the financial eligibility criteria may qualify to receive Zejula for free through Tesaro’s Patient Assistance Program.
Application & Enrollment
Enrollment requires submission of the enrollment form by the healthcare provider. Patient enrollment can be done in 3 ways:
- Online here.
- By downloading the enrollment form and faxing it to 800-645-9043
- By contacting a case manager, who can enroll the patient over the phone. Case managers can be found online, using your zip code.
Completing the enrollment initiates a benefits investigation to understand the patient’s health insurance, and to select the right support services program.
Enrollment requires a healthcare professional’s signature, either that of a prescriber or a legal representative from the provider’s office, attesting to the review of the policy and consent, and providing the prescription for Zejula.
TOGETHER with TESARO also provides the following assistance for patients:
- Benefits investigation, where a case manager will look into the patient’s specific coverage and benefits details
- Prior authorization facilitation and appeals support, which offers prior authorization facilitation and appeals support for denied claims
- Online: Referrals to patient advocacy organizations, education resources, and independent copay foundations, which may offer other means of financial support based on eligibility for these programs and services, in addition to peer-to-peer support and noncopay support.