Sanofi Patient Connection is a comprehensive set of patient support services designed to facilitate access to Sanofi’s medications to patients who are unable to afford them. These services include:
Patient Assistance Connection provides medication at no cost to patients who meet the program’s eligibility requirements. This support is made possible through the Sanofi Foundation for North America.
Reimbursement Connection helps patients and providers with determining insurance verification, prior authorization verification, coding and billing, and claims management and appeals assistance.
Resource Connection assists patients in finding additional resource and support, including clinical support services, transportation, and home care services support.
For a list of oncology drugs from Sanofi see the Table.
To be eligible for Patient Assistance Connection, patients must:
- Be a US citizen or resident
- Be under the care of a US-licensed healthcare provider who is authorized to prescribe, dispense, and administer medicines
- Have no insurance coverage or no access to the prescribed drug or treatment via their insurance
- Not be eligible for Medicare or Medicaid; they can be assessed for eligibility if they are not eligible for low-income subsidy, do not have coverage for a generic drug equivalent, and have an out-of-pocket total drug spend of 5% of their annual income
- Have an annual household income of ≤500% of the current federal poverty level for all oncology and hematology drugs.
Application & EnrollmentThe application form for the Sanofi Patient Connection program is available at www.sanofipatientconnection.com/media/pdf/SPC_Application.pdf. To enroll in the program, the completed application must be submitted by fax at 888-847-1797 or by mail to the address provided on the application.
Applications can also be initiated by calling 888-847-4877. In addition, healthcare providers can use the secure provider portal (available at www.visitspconline.com) to submit the application.
It is required that a licensed healthcare provider who is authorized to prescribe, dispense, and administer medicine in the United States fills out and signs the application and provides the treatment and prescribing information, including a diagnosis code.
Proof of income is not required, and Sanofi Patient Connection will estimate patients’ income by using their date of birth, Social Security number, and/or additional demographic information to access their credit information.
Patients and their healthcare provider are notified of their eligibility and enrollment into the program. Patient eligibility is valid for up to 12 months, and patients may reapply on an annual basis for longer assistance.
Receiving Sanofi Medications
If a patient is eligible for Sanofi Patient Assistance, all their medications obtained through the program are shipped directly to their healthcare provider.
Resource Connection provides patient education and assists patients in finding additional resources to obtain help with:
- Clinical Support Services
- Health supply/cosmetic aids (eg, wigs, scarves)
- Home care services support (eg, shelter, utilities)
- Nutritional supplements (eg, groceries, food bank)
- Patient advocacy.