Jazz Pharmaceuticals, through its JumpStart Program, offers patients support for its 2 hematology/oncology drugs—Defitelio (defibrotide sodium) and Erwinaze (asparaginase Erwinia chrysanthemi).
Defitelio is indicated for the treatment of adult and pediatric patients with hepatic VOD (veno-occlusive disease) associated with renal or pulmonary dysfunction after hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (Table).
Erwinaze is indicated as a component of a multi-agent chemotherapeutic regimen for the treatment of patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia who are hypersensitive to Escherichia coli–derived asparaginase (Table).
The JumpStart Program
The JumpStart Program provides patients who are prescribed Defitelio or Erwinaze access to these medications through several financial assistance options. A patient assistance program is also offered for these 2 medications.
To be eligible for the JumpStart Program, a patient must:
- Be a legal US resident
- Have a valid prescription for Defitelio or for Erwinaze for indicated uses
- Receive treatment on an outpatient basis
- Have a total household gross income of less than 400% of the federal poverty level
- Have no insurance coverage or no coverage for Erwinaze or for Defitelio.
Application & Enrollment
Completed JumpStart forms may be submitted by:
- Fax: 866-287-3036
- Mail: JumpStart Program, 6900 College Blvd, Suite 1000, Overland Park, KS 66211.
To receive Defitelio or Erwinaze, providers must contact the specialty pharmacy McKesson Plasma and Biologics. The drugs will be delivered to the oncology practice through the specialty pharmacy. Orders may be placed by:
- Phone: 877-625-2566
- Fax: 888-752-7626
- E-mail: MPBOrders@mckesson.com.