AstraZeneca offers several patient assistance programs to help patients access and afford AstraZeneca medicines (Table). AstraZeneca also has a field-based team of Field Reimbursement Managers who can visit your office to provide information regarding how to access AstraZeneca medicines. To request a visit from a Field Reimbursement Manager in your area, call Access 360 at 844-275-2360.
AstraZeneca’s Access 360 program is designed to streamline access to the company’s drugs. Access 360 provides patients, their caregivers and family, and providers with affordability and reimbursement support in obtaining their medications. Access 360 provides a range of support options, including:
Access 360 Patient Access Specialists to identify patient-specific coverage and out-of-pocket costs.
Identifying patient in-network distribution options, coordinating specialty pharmacy provider referrals, and assisting in following up on referrals after they have been submitted to a specialty pharmacy provider if needed.
Providing assistance with prior authorization research to verify coverage or follow-up after a request is submitted.
Providing appeals support if a medication is denied.
Directing patients to affordability programs for which they may be eligible.
A Provider Portal is available at www.myaccess360providerportal.com.
AstraZeneca also offers patient savings programs for many of its drugs. These programs provide copay or coinsurance assistance to help qualified patients with out-of-pocket costs associated with their AstraZeneca medications.
These programs are available to eligible commercially insured patients whose insurance does not cover the full cost of their prescription.
Patients who are enrolled in a state or federally funded prescription insurance program are not eligible for this offer. This includes patients enrolled in Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense programs or TRICARE, and patients who are eligible for Medicare and are enrolled in an employer-sponsored group waiver health plan or government-subsidized prescription drug benefit program for retirees.
Access 360 can provide information about these patient savings programs and can help eligible patients enroll. Patients can also be enrolled by their physician’s office or pharmacy via the appropriate patient savings program portals, which are listed in the Table.
AZ&Me Prescription Savings Program
The AZ&Me Prescription Savings Program is designed to help qualified patients, and includes a program for patients without prescription drug coverage and a program for patients with Medicare Part D.
Patients who qualify for the programs receive their AstraZeneca medicines at no cost. Patients must meet specific income eligibility criteria. For more information on the AZ&Me Prescription Savings Program, visit www.azandme.com or call 800-292-6363.
How to Request Support
There are no eligibility criteria to receive support from Access 360; any patient or provider can call 844-275-2360 Monday to Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST to request support. An Access 360 Patient Authorization Form must be completed by the patient (or his/her legally authorized representative) to use most resources available through Access 360, including patient-specific support from our Field Reimbursement Managers.
You can facilitate patient authorization by:
- Having your patient call Access 360 at 844-275-2360 to provide authorization over the phone, or you can call to request a form be mailed to your patient with a self-addressed stamped envelope
- Having your patient complete a Patient Authorization Form online at www.MyAccess360PAF.com
- Downloading and printing a PDF of the authorization form from www.MyAccess360.com; having your patient complete the form; and mailing it to Access 360, One MedImmune Way, Gaithersburg, MD 20878; or faxing it to 844-329-2360.
- Researching your patient’s insurance coverage, out-of-pocket costs, pharmacy options, and prior authorization requirements by conducting a comprehensive benefits investigation
- Following up on submissions with insurers and pharmacies to provide status and obtain decisions
- Assisting with appeals support if an insurance company denies coverage
- Reviewing eligibility for appropriate affordability programs.