ICD-10 Codes for Medications Used in the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
The following sections will assist healthcare professionals and payers by providing appropriate coding and billing information associated with the treatment of patients with prostate cancer. Although new claims cannot be submitted with ICD-9-CM codes as of 10/1/15, these may still be needed for submitting old claims that occurred before 10/1/15. We will, therefore, continue to provide the 2 sets of codes through the end of the year.
The following sections include:
- Associated ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes used for the classification of prostate cancer
- Drugs that have been FDA approved in the treatment of prostate cancer
- Drugs that are Compendia-listed for off-label use for prostate cancer based on clinical studies that suggest beneficial use in some cases. Please note: If a check mark appears in the FDA column, it will NOT appear in the Compendia off-label use column
- Corresponding HCPCS/CPT® codes and code descriptions
- Possible CPT® administration codes for the drugs