FDA-Approved Medications Used for the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
The following sections will assist healthcare professionals and payers by providing appropriate coding and billing information associated with the treatment of multiple myeloma. Associated ICD-10-CM codes, which are slated to go into effect October 1, 2014, have also been included.
The following sections include:
- Associated ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes used for the classification of multiple myeloma
- Drugs that have been FDA approved in the treatment of multiple myeloma
- Drugs that are Compendia-listed for off-label use for multiple myeloma based on clinical studies that suggest beneficial use in some cases. Please note: If a check mark appears in the FDA column it will NOT appear in the Compendia off-label–use column
- Corresponding HCPCS/CPT® codes and code descriptions
- Drugs listed in the Compendia section have no FDA-approved uses for multiple myeloma. However, drugs in the FDA-approved section are FDA approved for at least 1 of the multiple myeloma ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes but may also have Compendia-listed uses as well.