FDA-Approved Medications Used for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
The following sections will assist healthcare professionals and payers by providing appropriate coding and billing information associated with the treatment of prostate cancer.
The following sections include:
- Associated ICD-9-CM codes used for the classification of prostate cancer
- Drugs that have been FDA approved in the treatment of prostate cancer
- Drugs that are Compendia-listed for off-label use for prostrate cancer based on clinical studies that suggest beneficial use in some cases. Please note: If a check mark appears in the FDA column it will NOT appear in the Compendia off-label use column
- Corresponding HCPCS/CPT® codes and code descriptions
- Drugs listed in the Compendia section have no FDA-approved uses for prostate cancer. However, drugs in the FDA-approved section are FDA approved for at least 1 of the prostate cancer ICD-9-CM codes but may also have Compendia-listed uses as well